When starting a business, it is important the everything is registered correctly. Here is a list of items that need to be registered. This list is not comprehensive, however, it covers the main items that need to be completed:
- Legal forms to be generated for Company, Partnership, Trust. Usually through an accountant or solicitor.
- Business name to be registered
- ABN to be received (All businesses need to have an ABN, but may not need to be registered for GST)
- Registered for GST if required
- Registered for Fuel Tax Credits
- If employees:
- Default super fund
- PAYG withholding
- Setup of super clearing house
- Workcover. If you have employees in each state, you will need to register in each state
- Accounting Software package
Also, your branding which includes a logo design and letterhead/business cards will need to be completed. Money spent on a logo upfront to get a great design is money well spent. It is very costly in the future to re-brand.